Re: Debbugs: The Next Generation

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> In order to meet these goals, I'm taking the following approach:
> - Relational (SQL) backend

Keep in mind that we have seen postgres fail in such a way that the
database was permanently corrupted (only once though). Any acceptable
implemenation will have to have some means to store plain-text backups. I
don't think pgdump will necessarily cut it for a BTS type of application
either.

Also, we have a policy of not allowing postgres to listen on a TCP socket,
so don't get any hopes up for remote queries through that means.

Otherwise, yay, no more perl.

Jason