Re: [Debian account] I request your attention

Le Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 08:29:21PM -0500, W. Paul Mills écrivait:
> They better be willing to discuss it, or Debian will fail under
> it's own weight, never to be seen again. AND, I am afraid that
> the whole concept will go with it. Not a good thing.

Clearly wrong. The number of time I already read something like that is
tremendous.

But Debian is still here, and more active than it has never been. Debian
is going its way, slowly but surely.

And I trust James to do the right thing even if his lack of
"transparency" is a bit disappointing from time to time.

Have you counted how many official Debian developpers we are ? And how
many we were last year ?

Just FYI (the numbers are not precise but give an idea nevertheless
knowing that some maintainers don't have any package) :
$ apt-cache dumpavail | grep ^Maintainer: | sort | uniq | wc -l
    895

If you look (you can't of course, access is restricted to debian
maintainers) in the account database on a debian.org machine, you'll see
more than 950 accounts (some with special administrative purpose but still
the number seems to match).

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com