Re: Proposal: new alternatives links

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 07:13:00PM -0400, Alan Shutko wrote:
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 08:00:39PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> >> ALSA is OSS compatible, so an OSS-compliant mixer program should work in
> >> most cases.
> >
> > Keep dreaming.
>
> Worked last time I tried it.  Has the situation changed in the last
> few months?

All I know is that I had bucketfuls of frustration running various mixers
at one point when I was transitioning from traditional OSS modules to ALSA
modules.  For the moment, gmix works well enough so I dare not screw with
things further.

My experiments were probably about a year ago.  Maybe things are better
now.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    You should try building some of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    stuff in main that is