Re: trouble with mounts and ash

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 02:41:04PM +0200, andrea gelmini wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 09:39:15PM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > I'm running 2.4.4 and I see that /proc/mounts still doesn't contain all the
> > info in /etc/mtab. Is that link really suggested?
>
> yes. now i cannot find the exact email, anyway a fast search with
> google gave me this:
>
> http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2001-11/0180.html

That email just shows someone else saying that Linus suggests it. Seems
flimsy to me.

> if you need more info, i will search it.
> Last weekend i came out mad to find the reason of that warning.
> Anyway i believe that a note in the e2fsck package, in Readme.Debian,
> would be good.

I can find sites listing the issues but this loopback mount issue seems to
be consistantly ignored.

Seems to me that while it will work most of the time, it works perfectly
without so I don't beleive the saving of disk space is worth it.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/