Re: potato -> woody upgrade not smooth...

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 12:13:10AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Nick Jennings wrote:
> >  Agreed, dselect is much more powerfull than apt.
> >
> >  And once you get used to it, it's painfully simple. The keys are a bit
> >  strange at first.
>
> If someone could come up with a set of keybindings that made more sense,
> I would probably write programmable key bindings changing for dselect.

 It might be good to do this anyway. The reason being someone may want
to just change a few keys around. For instance: It took me a long time
before I realized that removing a package didn't actually remove the
config files. Although I was happy to discover the '_' purge key
I think I don't really want to use remove without purge, and
so I'd want to set the default to be purge instead of remove.

> I can't do this myself, since even the one people complain about most,
> Enter to exit, makes sense to me after many long years of dselect:
> you're posting the current set of changes to dselect, of course you use
> Enter!

 Other people might want enter to toggle between select & remove,
 and 's' to save changes.

--
  Nick Jennings