Re: Outdated GNU config (config.{sub,guess}) and autotools-dev

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 08:38:36PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 01:29:15PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > That's all well and good for you to say, but it still doesn't tell me why
> > you believe it's dangerous or wrong for this to be done in Debian.

> I don't think it is dangerous.

Well, at least not dangerous in the sense that we are going to be sued
or that there will be claim for damages.

However, it can be dangerous for our reputation, and sets a precendent for
potentially dangerous license violations.

All this assuming I am correct that a license violation is happening here.

I am waiting for the reply from the FSF, maybe they can do away with my
concerns or show a simple way for Debian to comply with the GPL in this
case.

Thanks,
Marcus