Re: Outdated GNU config (config.{sub,guess}) and autotools-dev

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 12:56:40PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Well, if someone has a snapshot of the archive from the time the package was
> built, then we can arrange to provide the version of autotools-dev from that
> snapshot to people who are interested, thereby allowing us the means of
> complying with the GPL (though not under 3a or the related exception).

You are trying to talk your way out.  First you say there is no violation.
Then you say that one woul have to proof that there is a violation.  Now
you say that if one has proved that there is a violation, the proof itself
makes it possible to "retroactive" comply with the license.  This may work
for a school boys home page, but for Debian it is not a good foundation
to stay on.

I am looking for ways to comply with the license in the first place,
in an inambiguous, technically satisfying way.  From what else you wrote,
I take it we don't share this goal, and going over the same points over
and over again does not make sense to me.

Thanks,
Marcus