Re: athlon-builder ... a sequel to pentium-builder

On 23 Jul 2001 11:02:28 +0200
"Robert Bihlmeyer" <robbe@orcus.priv.at> wrote:

> That would *mark* your packages. I don't know, though, how the various
> dpkg frontends will react to two incarnations of the same version of a
> package, but with different dependencies. They probably will /not/
> select the "best-fit", but something random...

apt works by first in best dressed.

If they are only used locally, and they have the same name and version
just make sure the package location is prior to the offical package, then
it should be used in preference.

I dont know how frontents would treat a package
with "Architecture: athlon" either

Glenn