How to report *that* bug?

Hi!

First, I just joined this group and when I'm asking something
totally obvious or FAQ'ed to death, flame me, but I really do
not know how to report this behaviour as bug to what package:

I had debian potato (2.2r1) installed on my i386 box and did an
`apt-get dist-upgrade` to testing and after that an update
through deselect, where I choose some other, previously unistalled,
packages as well. I had to interrupt the ftp-download once, because
dpkg had problems logging in and I have to pay for every minute
I'm online. But this doesn't seem to cause a problem, as I could
continue just fine the other day. After downloading all packages,
I was stumped: the normal "scanning packages" message appeared,
but then a perl error turned up in:

/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Templates.pm

in line 102, where a sanity check wrt to template scanning failed.

I didn't found out what package really caused that error and
decided to override that "die" with a warning message, which
worked out fine.

Now, I think the bug is in several packages descriptions, but I
can tell *which* packages triggers this bug. On the other hand,
the newer dpkg seems to handle these packages OK, only the old
barfs on them, otherwise anybody had these problems (and it would
be fixed). Now, how should I report this IMHO serious bug?

TIA,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to:Something Good To Go By(The Decibels)