Re: More problems

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, peter karlsson wrote:

> > You can't do that, changelogs have to be shared.

> Why? The changelog lists what was changed between the versions, and that
> differens between the two binary packages I created (there was a feature
> only added to the command line version, not the GUI version), and I want
> that reflected in the changelog. Why this limitation?

The changelog is used for tracking all of the changes made to the source
package over the course of development.  Since this is the Debian changelog
rather than an upstream changelog, the majority of changes noted are specific
to the shared debian directory, of which there is precisely one for any set of
binary packages that are built from a single source package.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer