Re: Need Help

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 04:26:25PM -0700, Abhi wrote:
> Sir,
>
> We are system integrator company and authorised Linux partner. I have 1 quetion for Debian potato.
> I want to know which VGA card supports debian potato with SGI 1600SW.?
>
> Reply me
> Thanks
> ABHI
> ASA Computers Inc.

Abhi,

According to SGI's webpage
(http://www.sgi.com/flatpanel/superwide_savvy.html), there are a
number of video cards that support the SGI 1600SW (hardware-wise).
The Matrox Millenium G400 immediately appears as the most
easily-available card (I believe) that is listed.  These cards can be
cross-referenced for software support by the XFree86 project
(http://www.xfree86.org) that provides (in version 3.3.6) the X-Window
System for Debian Potato.  Looking at
http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.6/MGA1.html#1 it would appear that the G400
is supported (with caveats) and therefore the 1600SW should work fine.
You should double-check all this on your own and might want to do
further web (ie google, etc.) checks to find the info yourself.

Take care,

Daniel

--
Daniel A. Freedman
Laboratory for Atomic and Solid State Physics