Re: ITP: tsocks -- transparent network access through a SOCKS 4 or 5 proxy

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Oliver M . Bolzer wrote:

> > uhm... I'm not sure which is better: tsocks or libtsocks ?
> > It contains an .so file that needs to be used by $LD_PRELOAD, and 3
> > executable files; some utils. Opinion? Policy?
>
> I'd say "tsocks" and provide a shellschript that preloads the library.
> I've been using this thing for over a year and like it very much and thus
> am really glad you package it.
>
> I'd recommend taking a look at fakeroot

So do you think it is better to use tsocks bitchx toma irc.debian.org
instead of using LD_PRELOAD setting by hand? IMHO it is a good thing, but
there is no real connection to the package's name. :)

Another example is the libsafe. It hasn't got any script, and called it
lib*.

--
VWOL
Tamas SZERB <toma@rulez.org>