Re: ITP: tsocks -- transparent network access through a SOCKS 4 or 5 proxy

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 03:15:32PM +0200, Tamas SZERB <toma@rulez.org> wrote...

> > I'd say "tsocks" and provide a shellschript that preloads the library.
> > I've been using this thing for over a year and like it very much and thus
> > am really glad you package it.
> >
> > I'd recommend taking a look at fakeroot
>
> So do you think it is better to use tsocks bitchx toma irc.debian.org
> instead of using LD_PRELOAD setting by hand? IMHO it is a good thing, but
> there is no real connection to the package's name. :)

Even with a script you can still LD_PRELOAD by hand but the script would
come in handy if you want to onnly socksify single apps. It's certainly
less typing work to

$ tsocks ssh foo.org

then

$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libtsocks.so.X ssh foo.org

PS: no need to Cc: me
--
	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF