Re: ia64/hppa porter NMUs for woody

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 10:21:45PM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >My question is, shouldn't porter NMUs for non-frozen packages wait at least one
> >day, to give the maintainer a chance to integrate the fix with any pending
> >updates?
>
> What harm do you feel is being done by rapid NMUs?  Any new version uploaded
> by the maintainer will replace an NMU'd package.

Yes, but maintainer still has to do the work to include their patch.
It doesn't really matter to the porters if the upload is done today or
tomorrow, and by doing the NMU they waste their and the maintainer's time.

(Of course, this doesn't apply to maintainers who wouldn't fix the bug in
several days or weeks or months or (gasp) years).