login program

Hello!

	I am thinking about compiling and packaging a diversion of the login
program with support for the "otpw" One Time Password approach [1].
My primary intent is to compile a login program that authenticate
*only* OTPs. This is to be used, mainly, with mgetty, but also to be
used in place of the regular login program if only OTPs are required.
Since otpw doesn't use PAM, or shadow passwords (it uses a dotfile
under user's home directory), their support won't be needed.
	My question is: will this cause any trouble? Of course it will not
be the default diversion!!! That is fullfiled by login package
already. My intent is to create an alternative which I believe to be
useful for that ones who need just OTPs as well as for that ones who
want to use OTPs for something particular and the regular login for
everything else (e.g mgetty).

	Comments? Be my guest.

	[]s

	Pablo