Re: Alpha compilation problems?

"David Starner" <dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org> writes:

> I have a package - fspanel - being held out of testing because it
> hasn't been compiled for Alpha. It's almost two months old, so I
> assume there's some problem compiling it. But there's no bug on
> fspanel for being uncompilable, and I don't know if or where build
> logs for the Alpha buildd are generally accessible. If there's a
> bug, I could work on getting it fixed; if it just won't compile, I
> think it will compile with gcc 3.0 if that will help. I'd just like
> to know what's going on.

It doesn't compile:

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/tmp/fspanel-0.6'
gcc -DNOSTDLIB -DHAVE_XPM -Wall -I/usr/X11R6/include  -nostdlib -O1 -Xlinker -s -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXpm fspanel.c -o fspanel
fspanel.c: In function `scale_icon':
fspanel.c:130: warning: `mgc' might be used uninitialized in this function
/lib/libc.so.6.1: undefined reference to `atexit'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [fspanel] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/tmp/fspanel-0.6'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
debuild: fatal error at line 322:
dpkg-buildpackage failed!

Seems the weird -nostdlib hack doesn't work on Alpha. It won't save
anything anyway, so why make the program compiler dependend? I suggest
remove it.

	Falk