Re: potato -> woody upgrade not smooth...

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 12:03:15PM +0200, Joost Kooij wrote:
> You cannot blame dselect for the state of dependencies at any time in
> testing or unstable.  At least you cannot do so while pretendending to
> make sense.

I don't agree.  dselect may not be responsible for the state of the
archive, but it _is_ responsible for how it deals with it.  If the
dependencies don't make sense, then "Hmm... I'll be conservative and
only upgrade the packages that don't cause problems" is a much better
response than "Hmm... I can make it consistent by removing 90% of the
installed packages".

Richard Braakman