Re: Arla (Re: RFC: Removing old ncurses versions)

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 12:15:15AM +0200, Mikael Andersson wrote:

> If I remember it right the maintainer (gstark@mit.edu) already have orphaned
> it. I have begun the work of a new version of the packages, but I not done
> yet. I haven't filed a bug against wnpp about it yet, because I want to be
> sure that I can handle it. It compiles with never version now, but I still
> have to figure out how to create a source package for the kernel module.

Yes, I see now.  He orphaned it (bug #88115), but didn't make an upload with
the maintainer set to QA.  What I think he meant to do was file an RFA bug,
seeking a new maintainer.

As for building the new packages, I suggest looking at some of the other kernel
module packages (e.g.  pcmcia-source, alsa-source, openafs-modules-source) for
examples of how to do this.

I'm CCing the bug address to record the fact that you have an interest in
adopting this package.  Don't forget to close this bug with your first upload.

--
 - mdz