Re: [users] Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

Ethan Benson writes:

> so configure your runlevels to do what you want.  thats *your*
> preference, not everyone elses.  the proper solution is for you to
> configure your system that way, not force your way on everyone else.
>
> we leave runlevels completely up to the admin to do with as he
> pleases, as it should be.

No one is going to send the "LSB police" around to knock their door
down and stop them from changing the runlevels on their system.  If
they do not want the capability to install LSB compliant packages (or
even just take the risk of having them behave in unintended ways) then
thats their choice.

I think an important question here is "will it be possible for an
admin to easily configure their Debian system such that it is LSB
compliant?"  Say perhaps by just installing "task-lsb"?

Chris.
--
cyeoh@samba.org