Re: GCC 3.0 status?

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:

> stable. The kernel won't be in woody, too, for standard, afaik, when the new gcc
> isn't in woody, when we release, it will be a big disapointment, for me and for
> others.

?????

gcc-3.0 is not and will NOT be the recommended compiler for the 2.4.x
kernels! The opposite is true: The latest 2.4.6pre kernels will compile
with gcc-3.0 but noone garuantees that the resulting kernel will be stable
(besides that it will be slower because it seems the optimization in gcc
version 3.0 isn't yet as good as the one in 2.95.x).

> 	Greetings
> 			Jan

cu
Adrian