Re: chkconfig packages for testing (will ITP soon)

Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org> wrote:
>  While reading over the FHS, I noticed a recommendation for a
> chkconfig-like program to maintain the runlevel symlinks into
> the init.d directory, so I went about seeing what it would take
> to package redhat's chkconfig. The newest version of chkconfig
> worked out-of-the-box with the debian /etc/init.d layout, so I've
> made a deb of it all.
[snip]

Nice idea, I always liked chkconfig better than update-rc.d  - it has
more functions (--list, --level 3 on, predefined start/stop number per
skript) than update-rc.d.

This does not work with file-rc, does it?

It'd would be nice to add these functions to both update-rc.ds (and
the policy), so that your chkconfig could be a simple wrapper around
it.
            cu andreas
--
Uptime: 10 seconds  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
vim:ls=2:stl=***\ Sing\ a\ song.\ ***