Re: Kernel-Package, Kernel-Patches, lots of questions

On Jun 13,  4:24pm, Marc Haber wrote:
> Okay. Guilty of running stable on a production system. kernel-package

Oh. You didn't say it was a stable distribution (or a production server).

> >> Can patches be put elsewhere than in /usr/src/kernel-patches?
> >No (AFAIK)
> They can, with sid's kernel package, by an option in

Oh. So I didn't notice it while browsing through the docs rather quickly...

> /etc/kernel-pkg.conf or via environment variable. ~/kernel.pkg.conf
> overrides /etc/kernel-pkg.conf, so every user could have her own=20
> settings, which is generally very good news in my environment.

What is this, a dedicated machine for building kernels for other machines?

       Pawel

--
 (___)  | Pawel Wiecek ------------------- <coven@vmh.net> <+48603240006> |
< o o > | WWW: http://www.coven.vmh.net/   [ Debian GNU/Linux developer ] |