Re: A tool to help making (build) dependencies right.

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Bill Allombert wrote:

> Hello developpers,
>
> I just wrote a perl script to help getting dependencies and especially
> build-dependencies right. It is at
>
> http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/depcheck

This thing is just plain *great* !

However, I see one drawback: right now, you have to build twice; once to
find out build-dependencies, and once to get a controlfile with correct
build-dependencies...

It would be even more great if you could let this behave the way
dpkg-shlibdeps does, i.e. let it write information to a file that can be
merged with the controlfile at buildtime.

<snip>

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium

Try does not exist. Believe that you will do it, else you will fail.

       -- Luke Skywalker,
       in the trilogy "The Jedi Academy", Kevin J. Anderson