Re: networking in rcS

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:

> Hi Wouter!
>
> You wrote:
>
> > OTOH, why would networking be interesting in single user mode in the first
> > place? I really can't think of a good reason why you would need networking
> > in single user mode...
>
> Because you really fucked things up and want to reinstall some packages?

If you fucked things up and want to reinstall some packages, you would
indeed need networking.

But would you *really* need single user-mode, then?

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium

Try does not exist. Believe that you will do it, else you will fail.

       -- Luke Skywalker,
       in the trilogy "The Jedi Academy", Kevin J. Anderson