networking in rcS

I am trying to figure out why networking, and whole bunch of other items,
are in rcS.  I've been fighting with a networking issue over the last day or
so, and having single user mode bring up networking has been rather
troublesome to determining this problem.

I'm sure there is a rational for it, so could someone please explain it to
me.  Thanks,

Sean Dague

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.