Re: Mozilla NMU (Kitame, *please* read!)

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 11:08:40PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Why can't we just have the uncrippled version in non-US?

Two reasons, generally. Firstly, because that's not what the maintainer
wants to do, and secondly, because he (and I agree with him) doesn't
want konqueror to be the only GUI browser available on CDs of main
(assuming non-US is not distributed with it for whichever local reason).
Galeon, Skipstone, Nautilus, Light, etc, would all have to go to non-US
if Mozilla did, and that'd suck.

> That's what people want.
> Who would use a non-PSM version anyway?

The idea behind putting a non-crypto version of Mozilla into main now is
to resolve the conflict which has people cursing Myth's name across the
world, and rallying support behind anyone who has Mozilla packages. The
next step would be to make sure PSM was available in non-US as an add-on
or replacement package, especially if the crypto ruling turns out
negative.

> regards,
> 	junichi

Regards,
Rob

p.s. Please CC replies, I am not on -devel.