Re: packaging MP3

To quote Peter Novodvorsky <nidd@altlinux.ru>,
> What about packaging MP3/OGG files? Debian has packaged dictionaries,
> books, pictures. What about music? There is some music I'll gladly
> ITP. (of course  it will go  to non-free, but still...)
>
> Nidd,
> waiting for mp3s from gdlive.com appearing on all debian mirrors.

You arn't talking about commercial songs, are you? If you are, they
can't be put on Debian mirrors. There are obvious copyright
violations(it makes things like this quite clear in the policy manual),
and people running Debian mirrors would be liable.

:)

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
           Don't panic.