Re: packaging MP3

On Wed, 30 May 2001, David B. Harris wrote:

> To quote Peter Novodvorsky <nidd@altlinux.ru>,
> > What about packaging MP3/OGG files? Debian has packaged dictionaries,
> > books, pictures. What about music? There is some music I'll gladly
> > ITP. (of course  it will go  to non-free, but still...)
> >
> > Nidd,
> > waiting for mp3s from gdlive.com appearing on all debian mirrors.
>
> You arn't talking about commercial songs, are you? If you are, they
> can't be put on Debian mirrors. There are obvious copyright
> violations(it makes things like this quite clear in the policy manual),
> and people running Debian mirrors would be liable.

I've got some RMS-free software song-remix.mp3 on my harddisk...

... somewhere ... used to be ... not sure though.

But it exists. And would be great in a "data" archive ;-)

(never knew RMS could sing *that* bad, BTW. When I heard him live in
Brussels, he sang quite good...)

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in Belgium

This is Linux world. On a quiet day, you can hear Windows reboot.