Re: packages in main and non-US/main

On May 30,  7:19pm, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > They will have no problems with two versions of a package in main in
> > non-US/main (as well as with them in main and non-free for example). Apt =
> > will happily dowload both indexes and merge them, removing the elder
> > version.
> Which sounds like a problem, to me. In particular it means they'll be
> poorly tested, bug reports will get mixed up, NMUers will forget to
> upload to both places, security team uploads will have to be merged for
> both .debs, etc.

Why, yes. I didn't say it wouldn't cause troubles at all. All I said is that
they'll be no problem for apt-get, dpkg and dselect.

> And I can assure you, the testing scripts don't handle it in a particularly
> useful way.

Which is no problem really, as we don't really want duplicated packages.

       Pawel

--
 (___)  | Pawel Wiecek ------------------- <coven@vmh.net> <+48603240006> |
< o o > | WWW: http://www.coven.vmh.net/   [ Debian GNU/Linux developer ] |