Re: packages in main and non-US/main

On May 30,  2:29pm, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > in non-US/main?
> > It's not a purely technical issue, we can deal with it being in both.
> Perhaps not purely, but it's largely a technical issue: dselect, apt-get
> and testing will all have problems coping with the same package being
> in the archive twice.

They will have no problems with two versions of a package in main in
non-US/main (as well as with them in main and non-free for example). Apt will
happily dowload both indexes and merge them, removing the elder version.

     Pawel

--
 (___)  | Pawel Wiecek ------------------- <coven@vmh.net> <+48603240006> |
< o o > | WWW: http://www.coven.vmh.net/   [ Debian GNU/Linux developer ] |