Re: localization fails

Am 29.05.01 um 11:25:12 schrieb Filip Van Raemdonck:
> lucretia:~$ LANG=nl dpkg --help | tail -n1
> Use `dselect' for user-friendly package management.

This in fact _is_ wrong, as "nl" is not valid. Should be nl_NL,
probably.

> dpkg *does* have nl messages available. I also tried a couple of variations
> on the LANG variable, such as ll_CC abbreviations, setting LANGUAGE instead
> of LANG, etc. Nothing worked.

If even nl_NL didn't work - did you try de_DE for instance? (Have you
even told your system to generate the right locale in /etc/locale.gen?)

kosh 630 (~) $ LANG=de_DE dpkg --help | tail -n1
Benutzen Sie »dselect« für benutzerfreundliches Paketmanagement.

Perhaps the help message just isn't currently translated in the released
dpkg? It certainly is in the CVS archive.

Cheers,
    Mike
--
|=| Michael Piefel                    piefel@informatik.hu-berlin.de