Re: ITP: libtemplate-templatetoolkit-perl -- template processing system written in perl

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 02:11:08AM +0200, Robert van der Meulen wrote:
> Quoting Mako Hill (mako@debian.org):
> > The package is written by Andy Wardley and its available at:
> > http://template-toolkit.org
> > The download page is:
> > http://www.template-toolkit.org/download.html
> <snip>
>
> Great! I was actually trying to convince a friend of mine to package this,
> about 2 hours ago :)

I'm a huge fan as well. :) I'm glad to hear other people are excited and
will use it.

> Do you intend to package the 'splash!' toolkit as well ? As far as i know,
> it's a part of the template-toolkit (same source), but should be in a
> separate package. Please do! :)

Yes. I am still a little unsure on how I should break it up. I'd love to
hear suggestions from people who are familar with TT. I think moving splash!
into a seperate package makes a lot of sense.

I was originally a little concerned about naming by the fact that TT also
provides several perl executables used in generating static pages (tpage and
ttree). However, there was a discussion on debian-mentors
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors-0105/msg00352.html) a few days ago
that dealt with a similar situation. Given the resolution to that
discussion, the name I ITP'ed with seemed most appropriate and I don't see
too much of a problem with sticking the tpage and ttree executables in the
libtemplate-templatetoolkit-perl deb (with a Provides: templatetoolkit-perl
perhaps).

The only other thing is that I will need Wardley's AppConfig module as well.
I found a package in incoming/REJECT that hasn't made it any further than
that and I've emailed the developer about it.

As soon as I get this all sorted out I will post additional ITP's where I
need them. :)

--
Mako Hill
mako@debian.org