Locale for boot-floppies

[ Sorry for the cross-post, please reply to -boot ]

Now that we decided to use glibc's UTF-8 support in
boot-floppies, we need a locale definition to use on the root
disk.

C.UTF-8 doesn't exist in /etc/locale.gen. en_IN.UTF-8 which
I chose semi-randomly for my own builds is 480 kb, which is
_way_ to big for the root disk.

I doubt we need anything more than LC_CTYPE which is "only"
130kb (since we use pointerize instead of gettext), but can we
just take only /usr/lib/locale/en_IN/LC_CTYPE, and not the
rest?

Anyway it would be best to reduce that to some 20 or 30 kb, if
by any means possible, or use another, smaller locale (the
question is - which?).

I would like to someone, who knows something more about all that
UTF-8 stuff, to speak up, since my words are just assumptions.

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl>
http://student.uci.agh.edu.pl/~porridge/