Re: Work-needing packages report for May 25, 2001

On Sat, 26 May 2001, Sam Couter wrote:

> Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> wrote:
> >
> > According to the Popularity Contest [1] it has some (even though not many)
> > users (but not every user is a developer who can adopt the package).
>
> Anyone can join Debian.
>
> > No! Why should we remove packages only because noone is adopting them?
>
> To encourage interested parties to adopt and maintain them, of course.

"Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software". Please distinguish
between a user of Debian and someone who wants to become a developer -
becoming a developer requires some knowledge and some spare time that not
every user has.

cu
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi