Re: Proposed Autoconf 2.50 path

Denis Barbier <barbier@imacs.polytechnique.fr> writes:

> With a script, I searched into debian/rules of these packages to see if
> they really depend upon autoconf, by looking for
>   /\s*([^#].*)?(autoconf|autogen|bootstrap)/
>
> Here is the result:
> 1) DO NOT DEPEND:
>     aalib acct aktion amcl aterm autofs bash bibtex2html binutils
>     blackbox blinkd bow c2hs codebreaker cppunit crimson curl db3
>     denemo dx expat fbgetty fltk freesweep fsviewer fuzz fvwm fvwm95
>     gcc-h8300-hms gidic giram gnomesword gnuplot gnustep-base gql grun
>     gsmlib gsumi gtetrinet gtkglarea gtranslator hexedit hping2
>     icoutils icqlib ilu kde-i18n kdebindings kdegames kdenetwork
>     kdetoys kfilereplace kicq knetfilter kyahoo lbreakout libarr
>     libgnurdf libhoard libnss-ldap libpam-ldap libticables libticalcs
>     man-db marbles mozart mtr musicbrainz mysql nano nemesis nmap oaf
>     oregano pan penguin-command pike7 plib plib1.3 plib1.3-doc plplot
>     plucker prboom roxen roxen2 run sdl-net1.1 sdl-net1.2 shadow siag
>     sip sodipodi syslog-ng tar texmacs tilp tipptrainer tree-puzzle
>     xcall xchat xconvers xemacs21 xfce xfmail xkbsel xmmsarts xmorph
>     xmps xwrits

Just because those strings don't appear in debian/rules doesn't
allow you to conclude that they don't depend on autoconf.  The
makefiles of these package may call autoconf, for instance, and
Automake will automatically do that if configure.in is newer than
configure.
--
pfaffben@msu.edu - blp@gnu.org - pfaffben@debian.org - blp@acm.org