Re: Autoconf 2.50

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:

> Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu> immo vero scripsit
>
> > So far, it sounds like most of the bugs are either in packages or
> > shared between autoconf and packages.  I'll hold off for at least
> > a few days, then, on deciding whether to revert.
>
> I have a strong feeling that mpich's configure won't work with 2.50.
> It would be nice to have a "backward-compatible" version of autoconf.

Oh, I'm more or less certain that I will put out, sometime in the
next week, a backward-compatibility package for autoconf.  The
question right now is which way should it be: `autoconf' as 2.50
and `autoconf-2.13' as 2.13, or `autoconf' as 2.13 and
`autoconf-2.50' as 2.50.  The decision depends on how many
complaints I get--if 2.50 is largely compatible with 2.13, then
it's the former; if it has lots of problems, it's the latter.
--
Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu> <pfaffben@debian.org> <blp@gnu.org>
MSU Graduate - Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer - GNU Developer