Re: Woody upgrading problems, LILO and debconf

On 21 May 2001, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

>John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:
>
>> Is it?  Was George Orwell normal in that case?  Mark Twain?  William
>> Shakespeare?  Richard Saunders? In fact, if you look through history,
>> there are many reasons behind pseudonymity, because there are many uses of
>> pseudonymity.  I just use a pseudonym that's almost immediately
>> recognizable as a pseudonym.
>
>Twain didn't hide his identity.  Shakespeare is not a pseudonym.  I
>don't know who Saunders is.  Any other examples?

Saunders is the Richard in _Poor Richard's Almanack_, Known by others as
Benjamin Franklin.  Shakespeare has been alleged to be a pseudonym of
Bacon: see http://www.theatlantic.com/unbound/flashbks/shakes/shakint.htm
You want other examples, even though you haven't done much with the ones I
gave?  How about David French?  Don A Stuart?  Anson MacDonald?  Robert
Jordan?  VC Andrews? Joey Ramone (I think this one was a legal name
change...)?

>> Why are you so damned concerned who I am?  What the hell business is it of
>> yours anyway?  Are you some kind or narc or something?  Do you often
>> pester people for their "true identities"?  Do you carry an analytic lab
>> around to test the DNA of people you meet?
>
>I thought you didn't care what I thought.

I don't: what I DO care about is that you're trying to press me for
information which is not yours to have.  You know, some places, people
wouldn't ask what you were doing, they'd just string you up.

--
Galt's sci-fi paradox:  Stormtroopers versus Redshirts to the death.