Re: Woody upgrading problems, LILO and debconf

> > For the record the recurring problem I have is I tell lilo 'no thanks I
> > can handle it' and everything seems fine, but when I power the box on
> > next lilo is not setup and no OS shows up (often not even a LI).
>
> I believe that in this situation it now works better than it ever has.  The
> way it now rotates the boot.b etc files means that you should be able to
> upgrade without re-running lilo and have the same boot block as before.

FWIW, I still have this problem; even from yesterday's upgrade I rebooted,
got "LI" and had to get a rescue disk and rerun lilo myself (I am asking the
installation scripts to leave /etc/lilo.conf alone, which they do).  This
seems to be a feature of every lilo upgrade on my system. :(

I can send you details if you like.

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

It's so difficult to be critical of children because they need
to discover themselves. We're always telling them, "No, the tree has green
leaves!
	- Tori Amos, Women, Sex and Rock'n'Roll:In Their Own Words