Re: Woody upgrading problems, LILO and debconf

> PPS  Shaleh, please note that when I publically flame people I CC them a copy
> of the message as a courtesy to give them the best opportunity to respond.  I
> expect to receive the same courtesy.

my apologies, I thought Dwarf had.

As for the source of the flame, lilo breakage is the reason I now own a rescue
CD.  Had not needed one since I became a Debian developer 2 years ago.

The amount of complaints on #debian (and #debian-devel) echo this.

I know lilo is a critical package and a bear to be the maintainer of.  Perhaps
recruiting some testers or doing heavier testing yourself would help?  The
debconf support was welcome if it had accepted when people said 'no thanks, I
handle it myself'.

For the record the recurring problem I have is I tell lilo 'no thanks I can
handle it' and everything seems fine, but when I power the box on next lilo is
not setup and no OS shows up (often not even a LI).

PS sorry about VACM, my last 2 months working on Debian at VA was crazed.