Re: wishlist for dpkg

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Brian May wrote:

> > system). However, from bug #84243 is seems like I wasn't the only one
> I don't know, but that bugreport is just as vague so there isn't much
> we can do about it unless someone can show me exactly what goes wrong,
> and (preferably) can reproduce it.

Well, you never asked for details, I thought it was clear ;-)

As told before, please see some discussion in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0101/msg02793.html

Admittedly, it may not be quite easily be reproducible. You could try to
build a deb with a defective data.tar.gz, but it should not be necessary.
I think, it is simple to include and check md5sums of both control.tar.gz
and data.tar.gz, isn't it?

  Ulf