Re: wishlist for dpkg

    Wichert> There are actually 2 things that protect you here: apt
    Wichert> checks the MD5 checksum when it downloads the package,
    Wichert> and if it is corrupt gzip won't be able to unpack the
    Wichert> file anyway. Something really strange has to happen if it
    Wichert> gets corrupted after it is unzipped..

Yes. Thats what I thought (a pity I don't have the exact error from
dpkg anymore; at the time I was more concerned with fixing my broken
system). However, from bug #84243 is seems like I wasn't the only one
affected. Not only that, but it is from libc6, too. Is that a
coincidence or what?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>