Debian-Harden

Hi *

One issue about security in debian.

There are some commands on System, which are similar useable for root and
user. Think of ps, everyone on an linux-system is able to run "ps aux", so
it is shown all processes of the host.
I think, it it fully enaough, to let an user only make ps -a", for example,
to see the own processes.

Nmap for example have flags, which are only usable as root, like -sX
(XMas- Scan).
IMHO should it be able to all commands.

Then, I thought, is it usefull to create a harden-script like SuSE-harden.
It is a good idea to make your system more security and why does it exsist
in debian? I'm wondering about that.
Yesterday, I heard about an harden-kernel based on 2.2.19 for debian, so,
the next step is to make the system more security, with a similar script
like SuSE-harden.

	What do you think?

	Jan

--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"