Re: Problems building libgmp3

MoiN

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 05:18:46PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > > gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -DOPERATION_gcd -O3 -c gcd.c -o
> > > gcd.o >/dev/null 2>&1
> > > make[4]: *** [gcd.lo] Error 1
>
> This is the upstream build!
>
> The part you clipped off indicates that these commands are being generated
> by a libtools call, so I don't think I'm going to gain control of this
> with any ease, unless you have some specific suggestions.

*Args* That means you'd have to modify libtool to see any errors
by default? Thats just plain evil. However you could link
/dev/null to /dev/tty to fool libtool - but I know this is a bad hack.

> Another possibly useful data point: the error has not ever occured at the
> same point on successive runs. It appears random...

Now that sounds like it could be a hardware problem. There is a
faq out there describing the most common hardware problem. I
don't have the URL around, but just search for "sig 11 faq". Also
make sure your computer is properly cooled - it's getting warm
these days in germany :)

    Ingo
--
16                      Hard coded constant for amount of room allowed for
                        cache align and faster forwarding (tunable)

-- seen in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/net/TUNABLE