Re: Packages not making it into testing

On Mon, 14 May 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 02:55:50PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:33:46AM +0200, Petr Cech wrote:
> > > any news one getting php4 into testing? pretty please :))
> > php4's another matter entirely, which I'm not inclined to look into yet :)
>
> [php3, apache, python2 are all in; python is out of date waiting for
>  python-imaging]
>
> php4 is waiting on at least sablotron and libgd, but those packages are
> waiting on recompiles of:

>       linuxconf
>       linuxconf-dev
>       linuxconf-i18n
>       linuxconf-x

linuxconf doesn't build on arm.
I've sent a bug report that includes a patch that should fix the problem.

(And for some onknown reason the sparc build deamon didn't try to compile
the latest linuxconf package.)

>       webalizer

webalizer has a RC bug (I sent this bug report two weeks ago and it
includes a patch).

> Additionally, php4 doesn't build on arm or m68k lately, and it looks

On arm the build dies with an "Internal compiler error"...  :-(

> It'd be helpful if someone could go through sid looking for packages
> that depend on old libs that aren't available anymore and getting
> rebuilds done.

In other words: Someone should file bugs for broken dependencies that are
listed at [1].

> Cheers,
> aj

cu
Adrian

[1] http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php

--

Nicht weil die Dinge schwierig sind wagen wir sie nicht,
sondern weil wir sie nicht wagen sind sie schwierig.