Re: compilation of kernel 2.2.4 failed on PowerPC

Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

First, Xfree 4.0(xserver-xfree8 4.0.3-3 etc.) seems not to
work correctly.  I used fbdev but it displaied something
like in reverse video(?) when I did startx.
(X works fine on potato system)

What depth? If 16, try 15 or vice versa.

If that doesn't fix it, please share the relevant parts of your configuration and /var/log/XFree86.0.log .