Re: Packages not making it into testing

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 11:11:01AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Mon, 14 May 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > php4 is waiting on at least sablotron and libgd, but those packages are
> > waiting on recompiles of:
> >       linuxconf
> >       linuxconf-dev
> >       linuxconf-i18n
> >       linuxconf-x
> linuxconf doesn't build on arm.

Note that the packages listed need to be rebuild on all arches, including
i386.

> > It'd be helpful if someone could go through sid looking for packages
> > that depend on old libs that aren't available anymore and getting
> > rebuilds done.
> In other words: Someone should file bugs for broken dependencies that are
> listed at [1].

Filing bugs != Fixing problems; in this case, it's probably entirely
possible to do most of the rebuilds without bothering the maintainers at
all. I'm pretty sure Ben had scripts to automate this during the potato
freeze for sparc, eg. That's not to say that bugs and NMUs aren't the way
to go here, just that there are other otpions.

Note that binary only recompiles should be versioned as either:
	5.4.6-3   -> 5.4.6-3.0.1
or	5.4.6-3.1 -> 5.4.6-3.1.1

Cheers,
aj