Slang (Sid)

Is there something seriously wrong with slang now (rather, for a few
months now), or is it just happening on the three computers I've installed
Debian on? If what I'm describing isn't slang, I apologize, but there's
still a problem.

Anything that uses what I think is the slang frontend (e.g. debconf,
apt-listchanges, querybts...) has major display problems, most troubling
that the buttons (Ok, Cancel, etc) look awful and make it hard to tell
what you're selecting.

If I press enter on, for example, Ok, it looks like the following:

	Ok 			(original button)
	 Ok			(presumably the button being clicked)

If it's just me, does anybody know how I might fix it? If it's
Debian-wide, I would just like to know that it is a known problem and is
presumably being worked on.