Re: how can Euro symbol be displayed under X [4.0.3]?

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
> El 09 May 2001 15:36:59 -0500, David Starner escribió:
> > This is a volunteer organization. No one's going to object if you
> > submit bugs on the packages with patches to make iso-8859-15
> > versions. (Remember that iso-8859-15 differs from iso-8859-1 by
> > more than just the Euro.) (Bugs without patches aren't going to
> > be helpful.) But most of us don't have the knowledge or interest
> > to make iso-8859-15 fonts, so we aren't going to do it.  (Note
> > that Debian has no decent tools to edit Type 1 or Speedo fonts.)
> > If you're really concerned about it, then you need to fix it
> > yourself, or find someone who can who will.
>
>  I know that Debian is a volunteer organization. After all I'm in
> the middle of the NM process ;-) I only want to ask people (or at
> least European people) if someone is doing something, or thinks
> that something must be done. What I don't want to do is to start
> fixing those things by hand, and start thinking how this could be
> done in spanish debian lists, while the Germany or French people
> are doing the same. What I want is that if something is going to be
> made, be made by everyone altogether.

As I said something is done already.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0105/msg00712.html

iso-8859-15 is very important for Estonian users as well. Of course
there is euro and s with caron and z with caron are also needed in
Estonian.

regards,

Hasso Tepper
KDE Estonian Team