how can Euro symbol be displayed under X [4.0.3]?

  Hello, I have been trying to set Debian to display Euro symbol in X
Window, but I have found some problems.

  First of all, I have uncommented in /etc/locale.gen this two lines:

    es_ES ISO-8859-1
    es_ES@euro ISO-8859-15

 When I run locale-gen, this two locales are generated: es_ES.ISO-8859-1
and es_ES.ISO-8859-15@euro
 In XF86config I have the "XkbLayout" "es" in the InputDevice section.
This must include the euro symbol in AltGr+e.

 I have also set my LC_ALL variable to es_ES@euro. But right now, when I
launch a program it tells me something like this:
   [jose@hal9000:/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/symbols]$ xterm
   Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

  And also the Euro key doesn't work at all (it is not only the problem
of not having any font wich displays this symbol, something which also
must be worked). When I press AltGr+e the cursor does not move. But the
`cent`  symbol (¢) works fine, both by pressing AltGr+E or by pressing
AltGr+c

  Does anybody knows where is the problem and also how this can be
solved?

   Thanks!

--

José Carlos García Sogo         Seahorse(-bonobo) developer
jose jaimedelamo eu org         http://seahorse.sourceforge.net

Key-Id: 0x90788E11
Fingerprint = B06B 023F EAA6 37DC 1E62  B079 4BE0 5825 9078 8E11