Re: [FLAME WARNING] Linux Standards Base and Debian

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> Since the LSB is mainly useful for binary-only distributors, we need not get
> annoyed over their choice of rpm. After all, it makes more sense, since most
> distributors already have staff that knows how to build rpms anyway.

So the LSB is just about convienience then is it (do whats easiest) ?

If LSB compromise on quality then they will only ever get a subset of
the community supporting it, why not try for something better than both
RPM or DEB, its the only way people will willingly change.

If nothing can be made that is better than both RPM and DEB then both
package systems obviously have a purpose.

Glenn